A corded impact wrench that is reliable will prove useful for various repair, maintenance, and assembly tasks. However, it is getting harder to select the best corded impact wrench due to the variety of models and emergence of new ones. Another difficulty is that you will need to choose among not only impact wrenches but also impact drivers, so every customer has to know the difference.
Mechanics are the primary users of impact wrenches. They are usually larger and heavier. So if you need to do some light housework, an impact wrench will be handy. Compared to other types of wrenches, an impact wrench is typically less powerful and is designed for specific applications. Anyway, let’s see what representatives of the corded impact wrenches and drivers worth your attention. This corded electric impact wrench review serves exactly this purpose.
Corded Impact Wrench Reviews
The Porter Cable PCE211 secures 450 foot-pounds of torque. The wrench presents 2,200 RPM and 2,700 BPM that guarantee impressively high speed. It is equipped with a 7.5 AMP motor that can perfectly deal with heavy-duty applications. When looking for the best corded electric impact wrench that allows coping with various lawn, house, or garden jobs, and will become loyal assistance when repairing a car, it is definitely worth considering this option.
With its comfortable handle, the PCE211 makes the work process more comfortable and enjoyable. However, there is a small disadvantage: this corded impact gun is not as lightweight as many users used to. Its weight is 7.5 pounds. In any case, a contractor with some level of experience will be able to use the PCE211 without difficulty. In order to smooth out the weight issue, the manufacturer has cared for reducing the vibration of the wrench, and thus, it becomes possible to get the most accurate results.
Saying that the Porter Cable PCE211 is definitely the best corded impact driver may seem a bit presumptuous. Nevertheless, it belongs to the class of the best ones undoubtedly.
- Comes with a durable carrying case.
- It doesn’t hammer while working.
- A 3-year limited warranty.
- It doesn’t fit in tight spaces.
- Forward and reverse are the same switch.
Enertwist ET-IW-1020 — best corded impact wrench for changing tires
If you’re looking for the impact wrench with a good torque able to deal with the majority of DIY and household tasks, consider this Enertwist model. The ET-IW-1020 is a fast and powerful impact wrench for both forward and reverse operation. It has a sturdy build and comes at a slightly higher cost compared to low-budget models. This unit could well be called the best corded impact wrench, if only it would be more compact and lightweight. The wrench is over 12-inch long, 8-inch tall and 3-inch wide, weighs 8.2lbs, and requires strong hands and muscles to operate for several minutes.
With the 8.5-Amp motor, this impact tool can rotate at 2,600 RPM and 2,700 IPM. The maximum torque makes 1,050ft-lbs for bolt removal while the regular torque equals 450ft-lbs. This tool removes the lug nuts, anchor bolts, and the hex nuts swiftly. The anvil has ½-inch length, so that it can deal with the surface and slightly recessed bolts and nuts, and fits the heavy-duty tasks like the removal of the lug nuts on a truck.
The socket is fixed with the hog ring ensuring the fixed socket position but not providing for the quick socket exchange. The PCE211 features a rubber-covered nose that prevents scratching or marring of the work surface during operation. To ensure a non-slip grip and steady operation, the handle of the ET-IW-1020 is also rubberized. Summing up, the Enertwist ET-IW-1020 is definitely worth to be listed among the best corded impact drivers on the market.
- Thanks to its all-metal parts and joints, it is a highly durable tool.
- Reverse-forward switch is incorporated into the activation trigger and can be managed with one finger.
- A 9.9ft power cable provides enough movement freedom in the workplace.
- No fixed speed modes.
- Tends to get hot after a short period of use.
The Wagan EL2257 12V DC Mighty Impact Wrench is a powerful and convenient tool for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike. Despite being not the strongest corded impact wrench, it provides up to 350 Nm of torque, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks such as changing tires or loosening stubborn bolts.
One of the most impressive features of this potentially the best corded electric impact wrench is its 12-volt DC power source. This means that it can be used in any location with a 12-volt power outlet, such as a car or boat. Additionally, it comes with a 12-foot power cord, providing plenty of flexibility for use in different areas.
The compact and lightweight design of the Wagan EL2257 also makes it easy to handle, even in tight spaces. The ergonomic grip helps to reduce hand fatigue, allowing users to work for longer periods without discomfort.
The package includes 2 double-sided sockets (17/19mm and 21/23mm), allowing users to tackle a range of bolt sizes. The built-in LED light also makes it easy to work in dimly lit areas.
- The tool performs excellently, and it comes with a handy LED light that can be useful for nighttime work.
- To use this wrench effectively, it’s important to avoid putting excessive pressure on it and instead hold it loosely and allow the hammer to do the work.
- The impact driver did not become hot during use.
- It is very sluggish when utilized along with a scissor jack and adapter.
- The cigarette lighter plug for the vehicle falls apart easily due to poor assembly, but it performs adequately when it manages to function.
The Eastvolt 800W Electric Impact Wrench is a high-quality corded electric impact wrench that is suitable for a wide range of applications. This tool is designed to provide maximum power and torque, making it an ideal choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike.
One of the key features of the Eastvolt 800W Electric Impact Wrench is its powerful motor, which delivers up to 480 Nm of torque. This makes it the best electric impact wrench corded for tackling tough jobs such as changing car tires, removing stubborn bolts, and tightening nuts and bolts in construction or mechanical work.
Another great feature of this impact wrench is its comfortable and ergonomic design, which allows for easy handling and reduces user fatigue. The tool also comes with a range of accessories, including a socket set, extension bar, and carrying case, making it a convenient and versatile option for anyone who needs a reliable impact wrench for their work.
Overall, the Eastvolt 800W Electric Impact Wrench is an excellent choice for anyone in need of a top-quality corded electric impact wrench. Its powerful motor, ergonomic design, and range of accessories make it a top contender in the market, and it’s no surprise that it features in many top corded impact wrench reviews.
- It is capable of performing impressively well on severely rusted bolts and a variety of other tasks.
- The task involved replacing a motor mount on a sizable dump truck that had 3/4″ corroded bolts. The impact wrench effortlessly removed them.
- The trigger switch tends to get stuck and doesn’t return to the off position completely upon release, causing the ‘easy one-handed forward/reverse switch’ to jam and necessitate the use of two hands.
- The tool case is too small and the power cord needs to be sharply bent to fit the tool inside.
The HAMMERHEAD HDIW075 is one of the winners in the best corded impact wrench for automotive category. This model presents 240 foot-pounds of torque (that is almost twice less compared to the Porter Cable PCE211). Nevertheless, it is a quite decent performance level for a corded-electric wrench. The tool is solidly built and should provide long-lasting service. Since this is a high-quality item with some heavy parts, the wrench weighs a bit more than an average one. However, this is not an obstacle to use the tool and achieve the desired results. The wrench is also equipped with a forward/reverse switch that allows alternating between the directions quickly and easily. The HDIW075 is the one of the best corded impact wrenches for the money.
- Does not cause fatigue on hands and wrists after some time of work.
- Removes even rusty nuts with ease.
- It delivers high power without requiring a stationary air compressor to make it run.
- It is heavyweight, indeed, but you’ll get more impact on the hand and less impact on the object you’re trying to move.
- When using the wrench, friction holds the sockets in their place. However, it happens that the socket leaves on the nut when you start pulling the wrench away, and it’s irritating.
- Very noisy during operation.
If you’re looking for a tool for the professional jobs or just ready to shell out an extra amount for the power and comfort of operation for your regular household needs, this high-performance impact wrench is a worthy option. Similar to many other models on our list, it is equipped with a hog ring fixation mechanism, allowing it to be used on various bolts and nuts in angled and vertical positions. The driver is ½-inch long ensuring the heavy-duty performance, in such spheres as construction, vehicle maintenance, etc.
The electric wrench is equipped with the 7.5-Amp motor, which provides the high torque reaching 345ft-lbs. It rotates at 2,100 RPM speed at no load mode and produces 2,700 IPM. The speed can be adjusted by balancing the pressure on the responsive trigger, allowing for variable speed control. The electric wrench works for forward and reverse rotation, the switching between the modes is performed via the AC/DC trigger rocker.
The Dewalt corded impact wrench has rugged metal construction and incorporates the ball-bearing mechanism. It emits little noise and next to zero vibration even at high load. The steady position and soft rubber handle ensure user comfort, even for those with small hands. The handle is easy to grip, reducing the strain on the user’s hand during prolonged use. The wrench’s width is 4.9 inches, the total length makes 11 ¼ inches, height is 10 inches. It weighs 7lbs and is easy to manipulate.
- Durable build and rubberized parts provide protection from scratches and small falls.
- Smooth speed increase.
- An 8ft heavy-duty cord doesn’t twist easily and provides enough space for maneuvering.
- Requires several applications at strong nuts.
- TUnder constant high load, the hog ring seal may melt.
The Makita 6952 is an ideal tool for HVAC installers, plumbers, electricians, drivers, or mechanics who work under different conditions. The wrench is featured with a variable speed trigger that is easy-to-operate and provides extra control for better results. The gearbox of is protected by an impact-resistant aluminum shell, ensuring many years of reliable service from the wrench. Though its 2.3 AMP motor is not very suitable for heavy-duty applications, it demonstrates high performance. It offers the added advantage of a reverse switch located next to the trigger, providing comfortable handling and easy switching between forward and reverse operation. Also, the Makita 6952 deserves some extra points for its ¼ hex bit shank that allows changing the bit quickly.
- This is the wrench with great gear protection and durability.
- Equipped with dual ball bearings, it is designed to provide extended service life for the tool.
- The Makita 6952 is a pretty lightweight model (only 6,5 pounds).
- It delivers only 88,5 foot-pounds of torque.