Before oscillating blades purchasing, it’s important to find out the main purpose of these devices. The field of use determines not only the type of unit but also the materials it’s made of. Even the best oscillating tool blades for sewing will be relatively useless while grout removing.
Each user has to pay attention to the fact that the oscillating tools perform side-to-side movements. The swinging can be rather slight (nearly 3 degrees) and impressively fast (approximately 20 000 strokes per minute). So the user gets an impression that the device produces vibration.
The way of working determines the types of oscillating tool blades, and among the whole diversity it’s important to discharge the most widespread edges:
- Cutting blades become useful when there is a need to cut the wood, metal, and other hard/soft materials. They have varying levels of endurance and are the most commonly used.
- Sanding blades smooth the cutting tasks. The user doesn’t have to exert any energy at all while using it.
- Sawing units can cope not only with the wood but also with wood-containing materials (plywood, hardboard, and chipboard).
- Polishing blades (made from felt or fleece) are able to accomplish the project’s final handling and polish it up. According to described below information, such units are used in rare cases but perform their job flawlessly.
- Scraping edge removes various materials from surfaces. There are models for firm and soft materials.
- Rasping oscillating saw blades are created to work with rough surfaces like wood or concrete. Such units have the shape of finger, round, and triangular, each of which helps reach hard-to-reach places.
- Grout removal fitments can be diamond-edged (for hard materials) or carbide-edged (for soft materials).
If you want to purchase mentioned cutting edges, you should give consideration to the blade material and choose the rugged type for tough projects, thinner for wood cutting, etc. Check out oscillating tool blade reviews because mentioned products have various grades of compatibility with tools and its important to prefer the proper unit.
Oscillating Blade Reviews
Vtopmart USVM01001 — Best Multi-Tool Blades
The set of multi-tool blades is packed with 20 quick-release pieces made of alloy steel. They produce both high-end and budget-friendly equipment, compatible with multiple brand leaders. There are 6 modifications of units in the box, providing ample opportunities for their application. Each piece or a couple of them serves specific purposes.
Three 1.37 and three 1.75-inch blades are designed for various kinds of steel and mixed metal surfaces and parts. Of course, it deals only with soft materials since no budget tool can cope with the hard ones. Two pairs of 1.37 and three 1.75-inch pieces are to cut both wood and plastic. In my experience, it works wonders with nylon and acrylic, but I wouldn’t count on its fast work on oak ash. The last three 1.75-inch and four 1.37-inch units in the set are more versatile, being suitable for all the materials mentioned above.
All of them have sturdy teeth. They feature a decent thickness and are tough enough to be robust but not crumbling. Of course, they cannot last as long as the branded tools. However, the set is a reasonable solution for house projects.
In the multi-tool blades review, I’d like to appreciate the metric and inch scale on both sides of each item to ensure precise cuts. The entire pack’s sizes are 6.4 x 4.6 x 1.8 inches, and its weight is 1.1 pounds.
- The teeth are long and wavy to work faster, making clean cuts.
- The set comes in a plastic box to keep all its contents in one place.
- The mounting holes can be a bit sloppy and thin. It requires some effort to hook them up to some oscillating tools.
- A bimetal blade goes through the screw only once before it loses sharpness or even breaks down.
Video Vtopmart USVM01001
Dewalt DWA4216 — Best Oscillating Tool Blades for Nails
The Dewalt oscillating tool blades are designed for multi-tools. The set includes 2 blades for wood cutting/nails pulling and 3 for wood fast cutting, flush slitting, and scrapping. Each of them can be used for universal oscillating tools and a special case helps keep all of them in one place. The kit weighs only 1.2 pounds so can be allocated on a shelf in a garage or storeroom. These blades are very strong, they don’t break even after falling or humming blow. Metal accessories are able to withstand both high and low temperatures, they don’t cover up with corrosion.
- The entire cunnings are clear and straight.
- These best oscillating tool blades for Dewalt are made of reliable material and can cope with heavy loads.
- The installation performs quickly.
- The blades are thin and that’s why they don’t fit the Dremel MM45.
The following oscillating tool blades review focuses on a kit of 25 units that are excellent for being used with numerous items in the market. The 1.75-inch black-colored blades are designed for remodeling jobs and working on different materials (wood, soft metals, and plastic). It’s also possible to cut dense MDF. However, if the material contains much glue, the blade gets gummed with it. Such jobs require the use of sandpaper to remove the glue.
The units work fast on wood and make clean cuts without dulling easily. It works slower on drywall but still zips through it. These pieces can reach the tightest spots where compact circular or reciprocating saws are useless. Some people complain about their fragility. Actually, they are tough enough if the users don’t apply too much pressure.
The tools have scales on both of their sides for easy measurements. The kit comes in a plastic case. The set’s dimensions are 6.34 x 3.74 x 1.65 inches and weigh 1.32 pounds.
- Each piece is wrapped separately in a plastic bag to save its sharpness.
- The pieces cope with hardwood oak well.
- The tools don’t suit bimetals.
- The units cannot go through hard-metal nails, screws, or even staples. They broke just after a couple of impacts.
These versatile 23 pieces are one of the best oscillating tool blades. The set comes with two pairs of 1.37-inch standard end-cut blades with 18 teeth and four 1.37-inch precision ones with 14 teeth for woodcutting. Besides, there are three 1.75-inch precision and three 1.75-inch standard items for cutting ends on wood. Three 1.37-inch bimetal and three 1.37-inch end-cut blades will work well with soft metals and wood. The pack also includes a pair of 3-1/2-inch bimetal semi-circular 18-tooth units for wood and metal, and one more piece of the same size for cutting wood and drywall. The items can cope with fiberglass and hardened fillers.
The tools’ finish protects them from rust that means their longer lifespan. All of them are made of high-quality materials, meaning BIM and Cr-V steel. The kit weighs 1.4 pounds with the dimensions of 11.81 x 5.91 x 1.57 inches.
- All the pieces are sharp out of the box that provides absolutely clean cuts.
- The tools feature excellent nail cutting ability.
- The items go through large metal areas very slowly.
- It would be great to see pieces for the hard metal in the set.
WorkPro W124004A — Best Oscillating Tool Carbide Blades
This set consists of 24 oscillating multi-tool blades for house renovation and similar projects. An impressive variety of pieces makes it possible to use this pack for reaching multiple purposes, from groundwork and cutting to polishing and finishing.
The set comes with a 3.5-inch semi-circular saw blade for cutting wood and drywall, and the same-size item to apply for wood and metal. There are a couple of 2-inch scrapers in the box to remove rough, large pieces, and soft remains from hard-to-reach areas. A 2.62-inch standard flush-cut unit for wood is useful for those making dowels flush to their surrounding surface without damaging a stock.
A 2.5-inch semi-circle carbide piece helps users cut into corners. It also can cut and shape the surfaces, remove grout and masonry. A 3-inch sandy pad with 60, 80, 120, 180, and 240 grit, sandpaper, and a triangular carbide grout removal rasp help handle a full spectrum of basic finishing.
Scrapers and end cut saw blades for wood are made of Chromium-vanadium steel with black E-coating to prevent them from oxidation and corrosion. The manufacturer used high-quality carbon structural steel to make carbide blade and grout removal rasp. The kit has 12.99 x 1.57 x 10.04 inches in size, weighing 2.23 pounds.
- All the pieces are packed in a plastic bag for easy carrying and storage.
- I was happy to see several end cut units to make cuts of various sizes on wood, steel, and bimetals.
- The measurements on the pieces are easy to read.
- The units in the kit lack the quick release feature. So, they don’t fit tools that have such a mechanism incorporated.
- The sandpaper is of poor quality since the pad becomes unglued just in several minutes.
The kit from Vtopmart contains 15 black-colored steel pieces of different sizes and designs. Each oscillating tool blade can be hooked up to the tools of various brands. Besides, all the units include the quick-release option for effortless installment and replacement. So, a user shouldn’t worry about hex keys anymore.
There are 5 types of tools in this set, making it potentially the best oscillating blades. There are three 1.37-inch, three 2.5-inch, and three 3.5-inch pieces for cutting metal, wood, and plastic in the kit. Besides, one can find three 1.37-inch precision units for wood, plastic, and three 1.75-inch ones to work on bimetals. The kit weighs only 0.95 pounds, having 1.4 x 0.04 x 3.5 inches in size.
The items have strong and sharp teeth. They easily handle such DIY tasks as replacing wooden panels, cutting back old siding and fir sheathing, removing nails, etc. It’s a bit challenging for a bimetal blade to go through the hardened steel, but it gets the job done without being ruined.
- The parts cope with backsplash tile successfully.
- These units are made of high carbon steel and thick gauge metals. So, they seem robust and should serve longer.
- Going through the hardwood burns out a blade quickly.
- The 1×4-inch aluminum cutting has poor quality.
The pack comes with 25 steel pieces that are designed for being connected to dozens of tools from the largest manufacturers. But it’s still necessary to check the product info before buying the kit, as it can be incompatible with some companies’ items or even other models of the same brands.
The kit has the best oscillating saw blades for various types of work with a wide range of different surfaces (steel, wood, tile, and plastic). The pieces feature good sharpness and make completely clean cuts. They can trim nails and screws trouble-free, as well as work on copper or aluminum parts. Their sizes vary from 0.62 to 3.5 inches.
A pair of 1.37-inch precision and two 1.37-inch standard pieces for wood cope with plunge cutting seamlessly. They boast excellent sharpness and work rather fast to not burn the wood. There is also a 2-inch rigid scraper in the box. It helps get rid of the rest of plywood, baseboard caulking, and other materials that are difficult to remove from the surfaces. A 2-inch flexible scraper is indispensable when it’s necessary to remove soft materials from hard-to-reach areas.
The pack also includes a 3.5-inch wood/drywall saw blade, a 1.5-inch semi-circle carbide piece, and a 1.37-inch triangular carbide grout one. The latter does its job by scraping caulking, rust, or concrete. All the blades work well for home projects (kitchen remodeling, for example) without dulling and broken teeth. The entire set’s dimensions are 13.27 x 7.64 x 1.73 inches, and its weight is 1.46 pounds.
- The specially designed holes allow replacing items instantly, without extra tools and keys.
- All the pieces are marked with a measurement scale in inches and millimeters.
- No case comes with the set.
- It would be great to get sandpapers with different levels of smoothness for a wider range of applications, from surface blending to heavy stock removal.