Why do you think I chose a butane torch as the main object of my article? In fact, there are no surprises or great advertising because such a universal item of everyday use answers for itself. The popularity of a butane torch for dabs is increasing dramatically due to its features, compactness, and ease of use. So if you buy a butane torch, you get a very multi-functional thing, which will become a reliable assistant in looking after your home.
Before we begin to consider our top of the best butane torch recommendations, I want to recall you the purpose of these devices. You can use a butane torch for cooking your favorite desserts, repairing small parts, decorating, and much more. I hope this article will help you decide on the best butane for dabs and provide you with the most recent and necessary information about using the purchased gadget.
Quick Overview of The Best Butane Torch for Dabs
It’s amazing how widespread small butane torch is, from cooking to soldering and more others. Below, you will find out the reasons why you need a butane torch at home, and also get acquainted with the reviewed models and our recommendations.
The first model worth your attention is the Blazer GT8000 Big Shot — the best butane torch from overall, one of the most powerful and functional butane torches. This portable lighter from Blazer can handle any assigned task. This is a versatile kitchen appliance, a lighter for cigars, a repair tool – it can be used almost everywhere. Furthermore, this model is highly rated on the market.
If you prefer a combination of low price and normal quality, you will definitely get Yummy tools Torch — the best butane torch for its money. This particular handheld torch is an ideal option for amateurs and those, who do not plan to use it very often. Yummy tools Torch combines a small price, ease of use, great functions, and some safety features. So if you’re up from on a budget, you will definitely be satisfied with this micro butane torch.
Looking for a portable kitchen appliance to meet your needs? Consider JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch, one of the best butane torches for cooking. With this cool culinary butane torch, you can feel like a chef and increase your cooking skills. What makes this butane torch special is that you can cook Crème Brûlées, melt cheese or prepare any other favorite meal in one click.
Whenever you decide to make some jewelry, be sure to choose the best mini-torch for jewelry — Blazer GB2001. This device is a self-igniting butane torch, designed to the latest trends and in such way that the user can easily work with small details. Some of its features like a convenient design, a gas-flow adjustment lever, a self-igniting start and a tabletop stand make it easy to make or repair some part of jewelry.
If you want to purchase the best butane torch for dabs, Blazer GT8000 Big Shot is for you. This gas torch is highly appreciated by users because it is a mix of quality, comfort in work, and price. Perfect for dabs and hands-free work, this tool can be also used for jewelry making, soldering, plumbing, or brazing.
Best Butane Torches: Reviews
To this day, we’ve tested several butane torches, each one has different features, functions or purpose. I have collected the most recent information about these devices, so you can discover them in detail for making a good buying decision.
#1 Best Overall: Blazer GT8000 Big Shot
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot is on the list of the most purchased and popular butane torches on the market. And it is not surprising – this small butane torch is equipped with amazing functions, among which are a great maximum temperature of 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit, a brass frame nozzle, and a piezoelectric ignition system. The piezoelectric ignition means that you do not need an electrical connection to start the device.
Based on our testing results, the Blazer GT8000 Big Shot can emit an accurate and continuous flame for up to 35 minutes and blocks the supply of flame when it’s no longer used. As for the applications, the developers assure that this butane torch can be used for various purposes, such as dabbing, soldering, jewelry making, plumbing, brazing, and others.
To determine whether this torch is the hottest butane torch on the list, I recommend to learn its main pros and cons presented below:
- Precise and adjustable flame
- Continuous burn time of up to 35 minutes
- An anti-flare, brass frame nozzle to enable flame control
- A great gas capacity of 35 grams
- Piezoelectric ignition system
- Decent flame length
- Compact and light
- Manual lock
- A detachable tabletop base
- Not included a butane canister (need to buy)
- Home use is prohibited
- No quick start
#2 Best Kitchen Tool For Its Money: the Yummy tools Torch
The Yummy Tools butane torch claims to be the best butane for dabs, because of its professionalism. This mini butane torch has everything to make you satisfied with your purchase: multifunction and ease of use, a variety of uses, two fire modes, safety and flame lock, adjustable and removable stand, and many others. Also, this small butane torch is popular among the chefs and cooking lovers – it comes with a free recipe e-book!
Yummy Tools torch will be your good assistant in the kitchen because using it, you can make a fantastic creme brulee or caramel, an appetizing crust for meat or potatoes, melt cheese or your favorite chocolate, and so on. But apart from all this, this butane torch can be used for other purposes, for example, small repairs, welding, soldering, jewelry crafting, camping, etc.
Among the pros and cons of this device, I chose the following:
- Plenty of applications
- Perfect for amateurs and professionals
- Adjustable temperature switch
- Separate gas and air flow regulators
- Comfortable and user-friendly design
- Small size
- Stable on any surface
- Has two flame modes
- Significant safety and locking features
- Users have to buy an additional butane canister
- Needs more power
#3 The Hottest Butane Torch: Bernzomatic TS8000
If you need a powerful and efficient butane torch, feel free to choose the Bernzomatic TS8000BT High-Intensity Torch Head. It is a professional tool designed for hard and soft soldering, brazing, and other works requiring particularly high temperatures. According to the developers, Bernzomatic TS8000 is their the hottest and the most reliable butane torch. What is so special about it?
Well, first of all, the temperature of the flame heating at this torch reaches 2100 degrees Celsius, which is already impressive. Further, this butane torch for dabs has a built-in piezo ignition that ensures quick burner start. Its instant on/off ignition provides fuel savings, and with the help of an adjustable flame control, you will easily create an exact flame.
- Automatic on/off ignition
- Ultra-vortex flame to provide maximum thermal power
- Anti-flare technology to prevent accident blowout
- Made of cast aluminum for durability
- Adjustable fire control
- It regulates pressure for stable operation
- Lock button for hands-free work
- May not light on the first pull
- Users complain about flame diffusion
#4 The Best Culinary Beast: JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch
The next refillable butane torch, which is considered to be the best micro torch for cooking, is JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch. What makes this kitchen appliance so useful is that it is made of quality materials and is guaranteed to last a long time. For a reason, this hand torch is often bought for restaurants and cafes – it helps create culinary masterpieces in a short time and without much effort.
JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch has many different uses, apart from culinary, they’re jewelry making, soldering, welding, and blazing as well. To make everything clear for you, check out the main benefits and drawbacks of this product.
- Built-in flame-adjusting regulator
- Made of reliable materials
- High burning temperature
- Has a locking mechanism
- Provides the money back guarantee and replacement policy
- Too high price
- May not shut off completely
- Significantly not enough power
#5 The Best Portable Torch: Iwatani PRO2
Another universal kitchen device, which can be called the best mini torch, is Iwatani PRO2 Culinary butane torch. Manufacturers promise high performance with ease of use, as well as a practical design and one year of warranty. During the testing, it was noticeable that this butane torch has a good maximum temperature of 2700, thanks to a powerful 6300BTU unit. It’s really nice to hold it in hand, and also it has a protective plate that will prevent falling or tipping over.
- Adjustable flame
- A one-touch piezoelectric ignition
- Simple and fast
- Portable and can be used anywhere
- Quick startup
- Has a high-quality safety plate
- The automatic lighter does not work properly
- The previous version of the torch is better
#6 The Best Butane Torch for Jewelry: Blazer GB2001
Blazer GB2001 Self-Igniting butane micro-torch is a time-tested and the best butane torch that is highly valued by buyers. It is equipped with the most important functions, has a stunning design, and can be used in a variety of processes such as cooking, jewelry crafting, plumbing, soldering, blazing, and others. Moreover, if comparing to others, the Blazer GB2001 produces spectacular performance results thanks to a long burn time. Also, this is an ideal choice for the beginners because of a quick and easy start as well as an adjustable flame control.
- A variety of appealing features
- An elegant and convenient design
- High flame performance of up to 1.25in
- Long burn time
- Gas regulator to control the flame
- Piezoelectric ignition system
- Enables a hands-free mode due to a tabletop stand
- Takes a little to refill
- Can be quite expensive
- Not hot enough
#7 The Best Portable Gas Torch: Dremel 2200-01
This small butane torch, the Dermal Versa Flame 2200-01 deserves to be called the best portable gas torch available. Why? Versa Flame is an indispensable helper for a man who wants to do everything with his own hands. It is capable of producing variable temperatures and has flame control functions for both torch and standard flame. In addition to the butane torch itself, there is storage bag, deflector, flame diffuser, soldering tip, solder, blower, and jars. You can use Dremel 2200-01 at home, at work or on camping, it’s perfect for leather crafting, soldering, wood burning, repair jobs, shrinking, and culinary too.
- Compact and portable
- Long run time of up to 75 minutes
- Impressive flame control features
- Built-in ignition button
- 9-piece kit with great accessories
- Attachable base
- A two-year guarantee
- Needs a more reliable ignitor wire
- The flame does not produce enough heat
#8 Perfect for Cooking Lovers: LiBa Culinary Torch
Among all modern kitchen appliances, LiBa Culinary Torch stands out for its high quality and durability. This mini butane torch is suitable for those who love to experiment in the kitchen and surprise their families with tasty meals. You can easily make caramel or meringue, improve steaks or seafood on the grill, melt cheese, roast play with s’mores, and much more. In addition, this butane torch has beneficial safety features and a good design, which means there won’t be any difficulties in the working process.
- High-quality culinary micro torch
- Long service life
- Can produce a flame up to 2730 degrees
- Includes Anti-Flare technology along with Safety Lock
- Extra-long angled nozzle
- Fuel Gauge Window allows easy refilling
- Very simple to use
- Issues with butane holding
- Unfinished design, needs modifications
#9 Best Butane Torch for Dabs: Blazer GT8000 Big Shot
And again Blazer, which means that when choosing devices from this manufacturer, you will definitely be satisfied him for a long time. Blazer GT8000 Big Shot today takes the last place on our reviews list, but it can rightly be defined as the best butane torch. As a proof, there is a high flame temperature, the duration of burning, accuracy, and attention to detail, excellent construction, and of course durability. By its features, it is not much different from the first product, but still, it’s the best butane for dabs precisely.
How about the main pros and cons of Blazer GT8000 Big Shot?
- Professional combination of size and quality
- One of the most durable torches
- Has a brass frame nozzle
- Includes a gal-flow adjustment dial to control the flame length
- Low blow-out rate where necessary
- Detachable tabletop base
- Precise flame with a range of 1.25 to 5.0 inches
- A prohibition against home usage
- Does not include a standard butane canister
In this section, we have put the most relevant and necessary information about butane torches. Here, you will learn about the basic applications of a butane torch, features which need to take into account when you will buy it, and how to use butane torch in everyday life. We hope that this article will help you discover the basics of a butane torch and help make a right buying decision.
Why You Need a Butane Torch
First of all, I would like to say that a butane torch lighter is a small and portable device, and does not require special efforts. It is used, for the most part, for such purposes:
The first and main reason for buying a handheld torch today is its indispensability in cooking. In fact, if you take, for example, JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch, you will receive a great and effective butane torch for the embodiment of your culinary dream. With this device, you can fry crispy toast, melt flavored cheese, or get the best steak. Confectioners can do various miracles in the kitchen, for example, to make a stunning caramelized top on the creme brulee or meringue for baked Alaska.
Today, the purchase of the best butane torch today means the improvement of your culinary skills and simplify cooking. And also, such a small and portable gadget does not take up much space and is easy to use, which cannot but rejoice.
If the main purpose of buying a butane torch is jewelry making, feel free to choose the new Blazer GB2001. This model is very compact and convenient, so with it, your hobby will become even more interesting. Jewelry making is obviously a hard and laborious work, requiring great concentration and responsibility. With the best butane torch for dabs, you can create the most beautiful jewelry of the highest quality, believe me.
A butane torch usually comes in a small size, with a light ignition and a handle to control the flame. When you want to create something, you will always have a mini butane torch on hand, which will provide a constant flame for a long time. So, you can solder earrings, rings, links and other products in size from one inch. Sounds awesome, isn’t it?
Butane torches are so multifunction that anyone can use them for personal or household tasks. And most importantly, you do not need to be a professional to use this device. For example, the Blazer GT8000 Big Shot or other models of this manufacturer are very popular because of the successful combination of the most basic functions and applications, including small repairs. If you’re looking for the best micro torch for repair jobs, you should find something that is ideal for welding, soldering, shrinking, defrosting, plumbing works, and other activities.
A butane torch for dabs is suitable for small repairs because it easily fuses conventional metals such as aluminum and copper. And that’s because it can blast off flames of up to 1430 degrees Celsius.
What to Consider When Buying a Butane Torch
Now that you know what a butane torch is and where to use it, it’s time to sort out and learn its main characteristics. These very things will help you later choose the right product that is suitable for you. So, are you ready to practice memory before buying a butane torch?
- Check for a flame. The first and the most important thing to look for, when buying a butane torch, is the flame that it produces. It’s nice when the butane torch gives an even and precise flame. But it’s even better if the best butane torch features a flame adjustment lever, which allows the user to adjust the flame size.
- Find what suits you most. This particular thing works not only when buying a butane torch but for any shopping in general. When you choose a product, you usually take a long time to see if this or that thing suits your style or way of life. Therefore, choose a butane torch focusing chiefly on your needs. Choose the most beautiful or convenient design for yourself, decide on the torch applications, pay attention to the noise from the device, find out how it works, so that in the future you won’t face any unpleasant situations.
- Remember about the refilling convenience. The other thing to consider when selecting the best micro torch is the convenience of refilling. In our reviews, you probably noticed some products with a low-quality refueling. Some models really need to improve this function. So, when it comes to you, find out about the refilling convenience of a butane torch by looking through the customer reviews.
- The shape is essential. The design of the butane torch is one of the most important characteristics that determines the price and quality. Choose a compact but stable butane torch so that it does not overturn. Also, it should have a huge base, allowing you to work hands-free.
- How about the size? The size of the butane torch that you want to purchase also depends on your needs. If you are looking for a portable device that you can take to the forest or picnic, choose a small handheld torch. If you want to work in a garage or at home, you can choose bigger models.
- Price. The last thing to consider when buying the best butane torch is certainly a price. In the modern market, there are many butane torches of different value, and you should choose such that will be in line with your budget. But be careful: sometimes the price does not match the quality, and you can accidentally buy an unnecessary toy.
Learn How to Refill Butane Torch
When you need to refill your best butane torch, follow this simple instruction. First, you need to make sure that your butane gas torch is completely off. You can still lock the safety switch so that there is no accidental release of the flame, and also check whether the gas flow control is turned off.
When you are convinced that your butane torch is ready for refueling, you should do the following. Turn the device upside down and you will see the nozzle for refueling. Shake the butane in order to heat up the gas. Next, find the filler nozzle, which needs to be inserted into the canister. Arrange the cylinder for butane gas in a direct accordance with the burner nipple. Now, insert the tip of the butane filler into the canister, press and hold. You will see that the nozzle immediately begins to produce pressure, thereby causing a flow of fuel into your device. But remember that this process lasts no more than 5 seconds. In the end, remove butane from the torch and wait at least 5 minutes before using the device again.
Before you start working with such devices as butane torches, you should read the instructions and security measures in detail. Many butane torches currently have several safety functions, such as the following:
- Safety locks – the most important function, it prevents accidental inclusion of the butane torch. Designed specifically for beginners and those who have children at home.
- A secure igniter – you need it so that you do not light the torch yourself with matches. Just one click on the button and the device will start automatically.
- Use the device wisely – you need to be careful with butane torches and similar devices. If the torch can only be used for industrial purposes, never use it at home, and so on.
How to Use a Butane Torch
Once you have learned about the main applications and features, and also some safety issues about micro torch, it’s time to learn how to properly use such a torch.
First, turn on your device with the lever located on the side. Turn the control gas flow control to the right. You will immediately hear the hiss of gas.
Secondly, press the ignition button to generate a flame. You don’t need to search for it for long, as it is usually the biggest or brightest button. But keep in mind that some devices have a safety switch, which must be turned on before you press the ignition button. If your device has it, do not forget to turn it on to prevent accidental flame formation.
Next, you can select the flame size by adjusting the heat output yourself. Do it by turning the lever to the right, or vice versa, counter-clockwise, if so indicated on your device.
In addition, some butane torches have a small button with the click of which you sustain the flame when you have stopped pressing the ignition key.
To turn off the device, you need to shift the gas control lever to the left.
Butane Torch Usage Tips
In addition to safety rules, I would recommend you to consider some of our tips on using a butane torch:
- While working with a butane torch, always wear safety glasses for eye protection. Also, they are strongly recommended if you wear ordinary glasses.
- Wear plain cotton clothes and never wear synthetic clothing while working with a butane torch. All because synthetics can easily flare up from sparks of flame.
- Work in a convenient place for you, for example, a garage, where there are windows or doors to ensure good ventilation.
- Always keep the fire extinguisher at hand.
- Butane torches have a flame size regulator, so use it correctly. To decorate culinary dishes, use a smaller flame, while soldering use a larger flame, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to use a screwdriver to open and refill the torch?
Usually, you will not need a screwdriver to insert the butane nozzle.
Why are butane torches shipped empty of butane gas?
Most often, butane torches are supplied without butane cans, since they are considered to be flammable.
Consequently, suppliers are afraid to send them, and users are advised to buy them separately.
How to get rid of old butane lighters?
You need to empty the canister in order to recycle it later. Also, you can pierce it for easy processing.
What temperature does butane burn at?
Butane is a flammable gas that quickly evaporates at room temperature. The lowest temperature at which it burns at in normal atmosphere is 405 degrees Celsius.
Can I use a butane torch on food?
Of course, you can use a butane torch for cooking, but you need to proceed with caution. To not spoil or burn food, light the torch away from food, and then adjust the flame to the minimum.
Is it possible to melt glass with the best micro torch?
Most lighters are not hot enough to melt glass, and a butane torch is the only convenient solution. But you’ll need to use a torch that burns at a temperature of not less than 1600 degrees Celsius.
What is the hottest point of a torch?
The hottest torch fire burns with a blue flame and can reach up to 2600-3000 degrees Celsius.
And now we want to sum up what was said in this article so that you can consolidate your knowledge and be able to decide on the purchase.
Well, definitely the most purchased butane torch, among the presented models, is the Blazer GT8000 Big Shot. As the best butane torch from overall, it is equipped with the newest and useful features, is very powerful and easy to use. Among its main advantages are high combustion temperature, piezoelectric ignition, big gas capacity, manual lock, compactness, and lightweight. So, if you decide to stop your choice on Blazer, you will become one of many satisfied customers.
If you like to cook and cannot imagine a day without cooking, then JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch — the best butane torches for cooking, will suit you the most. This small but effective kitchen device will help you prepare a great lunch for the family without much effort. Treasure your loved ones with gorgeous steak, creme brulee, mustard glazed ham, melted chocolate, and other tasty meals. JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch is made of reliable materials, has an integrated flame-adjusting regulator, a locking mechanism, and also provides a satisfaction guarantee.
If you are looking for a cheap but useful butane torch, you will definitely like Yummy tools Torch — the best butane torch for its money. This butane torch has many applications, and you will enjoy using it in cooking, jewelry making or soldering. Among all the models on our list, this tool is probably the best option for amateurs, as it has safety and flame locking features, detachable stand, adjustable temperature switch, and a user-friendly design.
The jewelry designers would love to use the best mini-torch for jewelry, Blazer GB2001. Designed specifically for small and accurate work, it will help you make unique things. Among its outstanding features, are an elegant design, high flame performance, a self-igniting start, a gas regulator, and a comparatively long burn time. Furthermore, it has the quickest start so that you won’t have any difficulty when starting the device.
And the last model, which I would like to remind you of, is Blazer GT8000 Big Shot, the best butane torch for dabbing. Popular among buyers, because of a good combination of quality, design, price, and ease of use, the Blazer GT8000 Big Shot is suitable for any kind of work. This particular model also boasts of its durability, high flame temperature, a brass flame nozzle, and a long and precise flame.
As you can see, there are plenty of different butane torches available, and your choice should depend on your personal needs only. Butane torches are universal, portable and multi-purpose devices, used in many kinds of activities, such as cooking, jewelry making, soldering, plumbing, repairing, etc. Once you’ve come with a clear reason for buying a butane torch, feel free to choose the most suitable tool for yourself and enjoy using it.